Monday, September 22, 2014

Daghi Iris WIP Part 02 Thrusters and Hands

 Please be aware that i'm not an expert at doing this. It's just for a mutual love for building models. Most of this is from me just dabbling and visualizing what is going on in my head. ;)

So now as you can see i painted the thrusters using Alclad II Pale Burnt Metal. I left the inside of the Thrusters Black to look like carbonization. 




A little bit too clean in my opinion. Needs to look burnt. So second i drybrushed Vallejo Natural Steel as a first effect to highlight the edges and grooves. At least i can see what the next drybrush color is going to do.


Next color is Flat Black



Really glad it turned out this way. This was defintely a Happy Accident but i'm not fully there to what i want. This time i airbrushed the edges with flat black to give it a more used look to it. Turned out that way i think then a flat coat to add to the patina and sealing it.
Hope you like it!!

Next I wanted to make the hands a weathered bare metal look. I Used Vallejo Neutral gray as the base color.


Drybrushed them with Natural Steel again ( I use that Metallic a lot. Very versatile!!)
then a black wash to tone down the sheen. 



Turned out pretty cool. Can't wait to paint up them colors on the rest of the kit. 
Hope you enjoy this! :)


No comments:

Post a Comment